.
The establishment and growth progress of Shahid Beheshti Hospital
 
The hospital was established in 1949. The original name of this hospital was the Red Shir – O – Khorshid of Abadan. That was affiliated to the Red Crescent and its geographical location was in the West. Two parts of Orphanage – Emergency and the admitting ward in the Revolutionary Council directive that is known as the 1000 directive, was transferred to the regional organization of health care in 1979. The name of the hospital was changed to “Social Workers” in 1980 and then to Ayatollah Dr. Beheshti in 1982.
In 1949, the cities covered by the services included Khorramshahr, Shadegan, Mahshahr, Omidiyeh, Aghajari and Hendijan, respectively.
In years 1975- 1976, Khorramshahr and Shadegan were excluded from this area and Omidiyeh and Aghajari had also left before. In 1981, the city of Khark that was added to Abadan area during these years was also out. In 1982 – 1983, the foundation of internal ward and operation room was started and in 1984, the hospital was disabled because of the war, and re-opened In October 1988. The hospital that is known to have forty-bed includes emergency, internal, operating rooms and maternity wards, and in 1993, surgical wards of men and women, CCU, and pediatrics were added. In November 2001, all wards were transferred to Taleghani Hospital of Abadan.
The new building of emergency in 2003 was inaugurated after the demolition of the old emergency. Dialysis, Thalassemia, physiotherapy, and emergency wards has been set up to the year 2014 and from 2015, all inpatient wards in addition to the above-mentioned wards were launched again after reconstruction and rehabilitation. Currently, Abadan200-bed shahid Beheshti hospital Chaired by Dr. Mohammad Nouri has operating room, maternity, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, gynecological surgery, and general surgery wards (including orthopedic surgery, neurology ...), internal, ICU, CCU, emergency and dialysis, thalassemia, physiotherapy, sonography and specialized clinic.